Raising Naturally Healthy Kittens
Raising kittens naturally can take a little effort, but once you get the hang of it,
it's easy and kittens stay healthy and well. Please follow the links below. Many have links to books and other websites that can give you more information that can help
educate you about keeping your furry kitten happy, healthy, and disease free.
Raising optimally healthy kittens starts with the kittens parents and grandparents. Some people know who the parents of their kittens are, some don't. Either way, getting
your kitten started on a better health program will help assure it stays healthy.
- As soon as your kitten starts eating on its own, give it food grade diatomaceous earth in their daily food. This will
keep worms from eating them, their food, and/or sucking their blood and help prevent coccidia, prevent the need and use for traditional chemical wormers which
are actual poisons, plus sweep some bacteria and viruses out of the system, as well as provide 15 vital minerals to keep young ones healthy and strong. DE can
be mixed in 100% Pure New Zealand Colostrum and/or raw goat milk and kittens will lick it right up or it can added
to their raw chicken liver, heart, gizzards, etc.
- Feed Species Appropriate Nutrition aka raw meat and bones for optimum health. Kittens who have just started to eat on their
own love raw chicken hearts, liver, ground turkey, and similar easy to chew real human grade raw food. At 5 to 6 weeks of age, they can gnaw on raw chicken
necks (mom's will clean up what the kittens don't finish) and by 8 weeks of age they consume the entire chicken neck by themselves. Most kittens can consume
whole raw chicken wings by the time they are 3 to 4 months of age. Kitten milk replacer recipe per Dr. Ian Billinghurst's book consists of 250 ml raw goats
milk, 20 ml whole goat yogurt, 2 egg yolks, 2 tsp. flax or hemp seed oil, 2 tsp. honey, 10 drops B complex liquid supplement (made for infants), 250 mg.
vitamin C, probiotic and digestive enzyme supplement (follow package directions).
- If you have had issues with coccidia or giardia, see #1 above. You can preventatively dose with
Kochi Free (formerly Kocci Free)2x/day for 10 full days starting as early as 13 days of age OR actively remedy coccidia and giardia by giving Kochi Free
(aka Kocci Free) 4x/day for 10 full days.
- Kittens that fail to thrive often benefit by dosing Kitty-DT (formerly Kitty Distempaid). This helps calm, soothe, heal the
intestinal tract, increase appetite, and boost the immune system. Often rectifies loose stools or diarrhea.
- Vaccinations are a very controversial topic. We quit vaccinating all species - human and animal, in 1995 and have had disease free, longer lived, healthier
animals because of it. Information about animal vaccinations are here: Animal Vaccinations. IF you choose to vaccinate,
consider Dr. Jean Dodds' recommended vaccination protocol for kittens, she recommends TWO Trivalent (distemper, herpes, & calicivirus) KILLED (NOT modified
live) vaccinations, one at 8 weeks of age and another at 12 weeks of age. Give Life Cell Support for 1 to 2 weeks prior
to getting vaccinations and for 30 days afterwards, twice/daily to help alleviate the stress on the body, help sweep the toxins from the vaccines out of the
blood, liver, and lymphatic system.
- FELINE DISTEMPER PREVENTION: If you have previously had feline distemper on your premises, please read the information about organic herbal Kitty-DT
& Vibactra Plus as these products are known to prevent feline distemper (aka feline panleukopenia) when kittens have been exposed
to the virus and these organic herbal products can also help to heal feline distemper.
- Keep your cats and kittens free from fleas and ticks naturally with Flea Free, as soon as they are drinking on their own.
- Give 100% New Zealand Colostrum daily, especially great for weaning kittens, as it is excellent for to help
strengthen the immune system and all kittens LOVE it!
- Cleanse and detox your kitten/cat's body regularly. Even if you feed a certified organic diet, pets are still exposed to toxins in our environment - formaldehyde in
carpet, motor oil on streets/parking lots, pesticides in park and neighbor lawns, air pollution, water pollution, etc. Our canine companions also bring with them
their parents health history and genetic health issues, so cleansing and detoxing helps to rid the body of their family history making them less likely to have
health issues similar to their parents, grandparents, etc.
Our protocol is 2-3x/day for 30 days both spring and fall (less stressful months of the year) for all canines and felines. The
Internal Gold Detox Kit contains bothmorganic Kidney Rejuvenator
and organic Life Cell Support that help cleanse and purify the blood, kidneys, liver, and lymphatic
system. Organic Essiac Tea is excellent and can be given 2-3x/day in lieu of the
Life Cell Support as they are both similar products that cleanse and purify the blood, liver, and
lymphatic system. Bentonite Clay is excellent to help detox the body and
especially good for poisoning issues, such as salmonella. It is also excellent to normalize diarrhea or constipation issues. Many people and pets consume it
daily. Organic food grade diatomaceous earth is a good mild detox and something we choose to consume and feed daily to all animals.
Cleansing and detoxing the body is similar to properly maintaining your automobile. If you regularly change the oil, radiator fluid, transmission fluid, your
car will last much longer. If you leave the same old fluid sludge in your vehicle, it doesn't run as well or as long. Cleansing and detoxing the body is an
excellent preventative health maintenance program to keep us and our pets living longer, healthier lives.
- Be sure to change your kittens water bowl daily or more frequently if it plays in the water and gets it dirty. Plenty of clean pure fresh water is essential to
pet health just as it is for people. Preferably do not give city tap water.
- Make sure your kitten gets plenty of good healthy exercise. For proper growth and healthful longevity, daily exercise, fresh air, and sunshine is essential for
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any
disease. The information on this Web site or in emails is designed for educational purposes only. The information on this web site is not intended as a substitute
for the advice of a physician or veterinarian. This information is not intended as a substitute for the reader's independent judgment and personal responsibility.
Health issues are far too important to delegate to anyone else. It is highly recommended you research and seek information and counsel from as wide a variety of
sources as possible, so you can make well informed educated decisions about you, your child's, or your pet's health, as in the end YOU make the decisions.